[APRALO-Policy] Welcome and invitation to short discussion on Subsequent Procedures

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:33:49 UTC 2020

Dear APRALO colleagues,

Firstly, thank you for joining the APRALO Policy Forum
<https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Policy+Forum> !

I am confident that your participation will do much to help improve the way
we attempt to engage RALO members in discussions to facilitate informed and
inclusive regional position development on issues or policies within
ICANN's remit.

To kick off such discussions, I wanted to draw your attention to the Call
for Public Comments to the GNSO New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Draft Final
Report (running from 20 Aug - 30 Sep 2020)
<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-draft-final-report-2020-08-20-en>
.

As some of you will know, the GNSO New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working
Group's Draft Final Report and Working Group charter cover a very large
number of topics.

The At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) has been reviewing
the development of the Draft Final Report over many months and in that
process, quite a number of Scorecards have been generated to
capture/present key At-Large feedback, comments and responses.

Given that the public comment period closes on 30 Sep 2020, I am suggesting
that we focus on reviewing and commenting on just a few topics of
interest/relevance to our region, in particular, these 3 Scorecards:

   - Universal Acceptance, v4 settled 27 May 2020
   <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/111390697/04.%20SETTLED%20At-Large%20SubPro%20Scorecard%2027.05.2020%20-%20UA%20Universal%20Acceptance.pdf?version=3&modificationDate=1591521595000&api=v2>
   - Internationalized Domain Names, v4 settled 28 May 2020
   <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/111390697/04.%20SETTLED%20At-Large%20SubPro%20Scorecard%2028.05.2020%20-%20IDNs%20Internationalized%20Domain%20Names.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1591521746748&api=v2>
   - Applicant Support Program, v8 settled 13 Sep 2020 (revised from v7
   settled 5 May 2020)

We may decide to lend our support to these Scorecards by also submitting an
APRALO response to the public comment process. However, since the 30 Sep
closing date is a week away, it may be more feasible for us to submit
individual responses to the public comment process
<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-draft-final-report-2020-08-20-en>
.

In case you require a backgrounder to Subsequent Procedures, please refer
to the presentation for At-Large Capacity Building Webinar: New gTLD Rounds
and Subsequent Procedures, 3 Aug 2020 <https://community.icann.org/x/pgV1C>
(the first 30 minutes of the webinar should catch you up sufficiently)

If you are interested in reviewing proposed inputs for other SubPro topics,
please go to the CPWG Subsequent Procedures Small Team Updates Workspace
<https://community.icann.org/x/6a_jBg> or the CPWG At-Large SubPro
Scorecards for Final Comment wiki
<https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+SubPro+Scorecards+for+Final+Comment>.
Also on the CPWG call of Wed 23 Sep at 13:00 UTC
<https://community.icann.org/x/lgXQC>, Jonathan Zuck and I will be taking
participants through the last 3 SubPro topics of Registry Commitments;
Metrics for SubPro and Auctions & Private Resolutions of Contention Sets,
so please join us if you can/wish.

Key relevant information and links can also be found at the APRALO Policy
Forum workspace
<https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Policy+Forum>

Please feel free to post questions on SubPro to this email thread and I
will do my best to provide an answer.

Thank you and kind regards,

*Justine Chew*
Member, At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) 2019-2021
https://atlarge.icann.org/
------