[APRALO-Policy] APRALO Policy Forum (APF) Update at the APRALO August 2023 Monthly Call

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 09:08:32 UTC 2023

Thank you for this interesting report, Justine.

*To the Policy Forum members*
(1) Justine is very fortunate to be able to incorporate key points, raised
during the recent APRALO discussions, into the ALAC submission about the
important Recommendation 17.2 of the Applicant Support Programme.
This does not stop APRALO or any individual in APRALO from making a
separate submission detailing the more specific Asia Pacific perspectives
on the issue.

This is an opportunity for the Policy Forum to present something from our
region on a specific policy issue that was very well discussed with
Justine. Let's start having our say in these public comments.
All we need is someone to volunteer to be a penholder and to put their
initial draft on a google doc so that others can contribute to it (just as
the ALAC is doing).

(2) The GNSO recently released their Initial report with the 9 separate
issues on the applicant Support Programme, to be discussed by the public.
You don't have to look at the whole 9 issues -* just choose ONE
recommendation* that you think others might find interesting to start a
discussion, as an APAC end-user topic.

Closing date for GGP comments is 11 September. so you would have to have it
done by 8th September. *Information on the GGP public comment is below:*
*GGP APPLICANT SUPPORT PUBLIC COMMENT (31 JULY - 11 SEPTEMBER 2023)*

   - *Formal announcement:*
   https://www.icann.org/en/announcements/details/icann-seeks-input-on-ggp-applicant-support-initial-report-31-07-2023-en
   - *Guide to Public comment inputs: *
   guided-input-form-ggp-applicant-support-25-07-2023-en.docx
   <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/218466610/guided-input-form-ggp-applicant-support-25-07-2023-en.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1692235071000&api=v2>
   - *The GNSO Guidance Recommendation Initial Report*: 12 July 2023-GNSO
   Guidance Recommendation Draft Report.pdf
   <https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/218466610/12%20July%202023-GNSO%20Guidance%20Recommendation%20Draft%20Report.pdf?version=2&modificationDate=1692235421000&api=v2>
   - *ALAC GGP Team Guidance for CPWG & APRALO PF responses*:  16
   August-GGP-APPLICANT-SUPPORT-4-CPWG - MHILYARD .pdf
   <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Guidance+Process+%28GGP%29+Reports?preview=%2F218466610%2F257196427%2F16+August-GGP-APPLICANT-SUPPORT-4-CPWG+-+MHILYARD+.pdf>

Maureen