[arabic-vip] Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP)

Abdulaziz Al-Zoman azoman at citc.gov.sa
Tue Aug 2 13:57:35 UTC 2011

Dear all

Ramadan Karim (Season's greeting for Muslims who are going to fast during this Month of Ramadan)

Good document it covers many issues … But I'm missing its relationship with the IDN Variant Issues Project: Issues Related to the Delegation of IDN Variant TLDs

As you know ICANN has a process of evaluating IDN TLD string which consists of the initial evaluation, objection, expended evaluation, dispute resolution, string contention until it get delegated or rejected. After that there is no dispute process … so the UDRP is not for ICANN IDN TLD delegation process.

Again, the document is good for registry-level alternative dispute resolution process but is irrelevant to ICANN's IDN TLD delegation.

The document has raised a number of interesting issues … but, nevertheless, it is out scope of the VIP Project.

عبدالعزيز بن حمد الزومان
Abdulaziz H. Al-Zoman