[arabic-vip] High level status for domain names (was Re: docstructure for dicusssion)

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Aug 24 18:47:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:42:32AM -0700, Dr.Sarmad Hussain wrote:
> We need to find non-overlapping terminology for the registry-motivated and
> registrant-motivated label decisions.

I'm not entirely sure I see why the motivation is what matters.  I
would suggest that the same result (block or reserve or whatever)
could be motivated by more than one desire; but there is a technical
state in the registry which results (just as there is more than one
way a name can get allocated and delegated, but the result is an entry
in the registry).

So, if a registrant wants something to be blocked, or if the registry
wants something to be blocked, the same state of affairs comes to be
in the registry; but the origins of that state might be different.

(I make this suggestion only in an effort to reduce the number of
special terms we have to define.)

Best regards,

Andrew

--