[arabic-vip] Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy(UDRP)

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Wed Jul 13 11:58:24 UTC 2011

Dear Iftikhar ..
As rightly indicated by Sarmad we are required to try to identify issues related to dispute resolution that may come up as a result of variants within the Arabic script .. This includes both ccTLDs & gTLDs and I personally see it even more related to gTLDs .. I believe we can start with an initial list of questions that raise those issues rather than trying to draft a whole document per se ..
I'll give it a first try here:

·         Are bundled domains treated as one also with regards to dispute resolution?

·         What if a complainer claims right over one occurrence/one label within a bundle? Will the whole bundle be somehow included in the case?

·         Can a decision be taken to separate a certain occurrence/one label from a bundle?

·         Can a decision be taken to add a certain domain name to an existing bundle? [and this is even byond the dispute resolution .. is a bundle one-time-thing or could a registrant add more labels to it as we go?]

·         Could a case exist where 2 trademarks in 2 different languages within the same script (Arabic in our case) be confusingly similar, i.e. should be treated as a bundle according to our definition of a bundle whereas from a trademark prespective they have 2 different eligible owners?

·         Does dispute resolution only deal with ownership of a certain label and has nothing to do with bundles?

Those are just a few questions to kickoff the conversation with no specific order or line of thought ..

Kind Regards

--Manal

من: arabic-vip-bounces at icann.org بالنيابة عن Sarmad Hussain
تاريخ الإرسال: الخميس 14/07/2011 12:38 ص
إلى: 'iftakhar shah'
نسخة: arabic-vip at icann.org
الموضوع: Re: [arabic-vip] Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy(UDRP)

Dear Iftikhar,

We would like to look at UDRP and TLD in general (not just ccTLDs) and especially from variants perspective (regarding issues which may come up because of variant strings)

Regards,
Sarmad