[arabic-vip] Variants implications on registry operations and DNSSEC

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Fri Jul 22 02:07:43 UTC 2011

Dear Sarmad ..
Apologies for the delayed message ..
We had an interesting discussion on the Registry Operations Issues based on the email sent by Raed who answered other members' questions and provided necessary clarification .. Unfortunately we did not have the time to discuss UDRP issues .. I tried to reflect points raised during the call in the attached document, marked in track changes .. I also tried to insert the name of the commentor in square brackets .. I do apologize in advance for any issues I may have overlooked or misunderstood .. Please feel free to correct any ..

Finally, allow me to highlight the following issues that were also raised during the call:
- Iftikhar: Should government approval be sought in delegation of variants?
- Alireza: Does all this, UDRP ....etc, fall within the scope of the WG?
- Nicolas: Should we compile a list of all languages supported by the script? should each registry post the languages he/she support despite the fact that we don't have technical means to differentiate between languages using the same script?

I hope you find this quick summary useful till you catch up through the recording and that colleagues find it somehow accurate ..

Kind Regards

--Manal