[arabic-vip] Some (ignorant) questions about particular code points (was: Singapore)

Alireza Saleh alireza at irnic.ir
Thu Jun 16 11:47:21 UTC 2011

Andrew
The linguistic effect of ZWNJ is that it can completely change the word! This is the case for languages that need ZWNJ (e.g., Persian and Urdu both of which use Arabic script); as far as I know it is not needed in Arabic language.

Example from Persian:
[U+06AF, U+0644, U+0647, U+200C, U+0627, U+06CC] means < a flock >
 [U+06AF, U+0644, U+0647,                  U+0627, U+06CC] means  < flowers of >

--
Alireza