[arabic-vip] Arabic Script Issues Document (revised version)

Abdulaziz Al-Zoman azoman at citc.gov.sa
Mon Oct 3 05:01:39 UTC 2011

Dear Andrew and all,

I totally agree with you Andrew, "There's simply no technical
distinction between ccTLDs and any other TLD".

However, when we talk about policies then there is a different.
Any ways, ICANN clearly understand this point and hence the
ICANN board resolution and the assignment was clearly for:
    " the evaluation, possible delegation, allocation and operation
      of IDN gTLDs containing variant characters, as part of the
      new gTLD process."

Otherwise, ccNSO and the ccTLD community should be part of this process.
Clearly, the output of these study cases will benefit other groups such as
ccNSO IDN PDP Working Group.

-----------------------------
عبدالعزيز بن حمد الزومان
Abdulaziz H. Al-Zoman

Disclaimer:
This message and its attachment, if any, are confidential and may contain legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately and delete this message and its attachment, if any, from your
system. You should not copy this message or disclose its contents to any other
person or use it for any purpose. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail
are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Communications
and Information Technology Commission (CITC). CITC accepts no liability for damage
caused by this email.