[arabic-vip] presentation at ICANN Dakar

Siavash Shahshahani shahshah at irnic.ir
Sat Oct 22 12:26:47 UTC 2011

Dear Sarmad,
Very attractive slides. Hope you'll have a very effective presentation. My
only concern is that ZWNJ may seems to appear only as a solution for
multi-word instances (slide 4). This, at least for Farsi, is a minor
concern. Where ZWNJ is really crucial is other instances (non-combined-word
occurrences). If our only problem were multi-words, we'd probably just opt
for the hyphen. With < فيض-آباد >, <  فيض آباد > may appear as a viable
alternative, but with < بي بي > (meaning 'lady') you couldn't do < بيبي >
or <  بي-بي>.
Thank you
Siavash

 Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:12:16 +0500, "Sarmad Hussain"
<sarmad.hussain at kics.edu.pk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> Here is the revised version, based on feedback so far.
>

> Regards,
> Sarmad

ICANN