[arabic-vip] [vip] Overarching principles used in Devanagari team report

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at kics.edu.pk
Thu Sep 22 02:59:27 UTC 2011

Dear Naela,

Thank you for sharing them.

I am starting this thread so that we can discuss them within the Arabic
script team.

Going through them quickly, I have at least the following two observations
(in my personal capacity) at this time:

1.       Using Unicode and IDNA 2008 are the basis of the variant work we
are conducting.  Thus, they do not need to be explicitly supported (they are
a given).

2.       The Arabic Script Community is requesting the use of ZWNJ in TLDs

I do like 1.6 (I think Andrew emphasized this as "delegation" in our meeting
and it is an important point not very well understood by the community
(please correct me if I am wrong here)).

Regards,
Sarmad