[arabic-vip] ZWNJ (earlier: [vip] Overarching principles used in Devanagari team report)

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Wed Sep 21 22:57:11 UTC 2011

Dear All ..
I remember that when ZWNJ issue was raised:
- Andrew mentioned something along the lines that normally it's not secure to use a character that doesn't show
- I agreed with Andrew in principle, mentioned that from an Arabic 'Language' point of view ZWNJ is neither used nor known and refrained from providing views till we hear from other language communities who feel the need for ZWNJ
- I also remember that then Siavash and/or Alireza confirmed that ZWNJ is needed within, I believe, the Persian language community ..

--Manal