[arabic-vip] [vip] Overarching principles used in Devanagari team report

Behnam Esfahbod behnam at esfahbod.info
Fri Sep 23 13:55:30 UTC 2011

Thanks Baher for the clarification.

I just checked "rfp-clean-19sep11-en.pdf", which was published just
four days ago and I think there's a very big inconsistency between
rules 2.1.2 and 2.1.3, which makes me wonder how accurate the whole
IDN rules in that document are. I looks like those rules are based on
draft-liman-tld-names, which unfortunately is not yet update after the
IETF meeting.

The inconsistency in section 2.1 of the latest New gTLDs guidebook is
that 2.1.2 permits using characters with derived property of CONTEXT
(I suppose it means both CONTEXTJ and CONTEXTO), but 2.1.3 does not
permit any of those characters.

Can someone help me understand how this section 2.1 is actually
developed? I cannot find any discussion on that part of the guidebook
on the net.

-Behnam

--
    '     بهنام اسفهبد