[arabic-vip] FW: Arabic Script IDN Issues Report

Baher Esmat baher.esmat at icann.org
Fri Sep 23 20:56:34 UTC 2011

FYI
------ Forwarded Message
From: "Dr.Sarmad Hussain" <sarmad at cantab.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:07:09 -0700
To: Baher Esmat <baher.esmat at icann.org>, Manal Ismail <manal at tra.gov.eg>
Subject: Arabic Script IDN Issues Report

Dear Baher,

My father passed away yesterday.  I am now back in Pakistan, but will not be able to get to this report and put a final version together until later next week.  I hope that will still be acceptable.

ZWNJ is a crucial issue and is needed by the community (and will go back to the recordings as I remember even Raed had supported it for Arabic language).  So, please kindly alert the relevant people in the gTLD program and IETF if that is urgently needed.  From the discussion it is evident that we will raise it as an issue to be debated and finalized (we are not looking for a solution at this stage).  The current discussion will only help us determine how strongly we need to word the issue.

Dear Manal,

Kindly proceed with the definitions document.  I will be able to give feedback after about a week.

regards,
Sarmad