[atrt2] Constituency Travel to Beijing

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Mar 12 18:19:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

Actually the Constituency Travel makes no mention of Review Teams, we know that there is regularly a  two tier travel regime and page 9 of the BeijingTravel document mentions that some travel Business class.  So, no, the case is not as clear cut as you suggest.

Additionally, this group is functioning on an equal basis.  Does your answer mean that Board members as well as those who happen to Chairs of an AC/SO will also be traveling economy?

In addition to being an immediately practical issue, this has become for me an example of how ICANN Staff applies rules in an arbitrary and capricious manner, and is a prime example of the sorts of issues that the policy workers who serve ICANN as volunteers are frequently subject to - an accountability and transparency issue that I beleive must be taken up by this review team.

avri