[atrt2] Your call with ICANN Staff (ATRT 1 Impl.) on Thurs, 18 Apr - 17:00 UTC

Brian Cute bcute at pir.org
Thu Apr 18 04:45:42 UTC 2013

Carlos and RT,

Alice will post the entire call schedule which now includes a number of new calls over the next few weeks.  In Beijing, we decided it would be important to interact with all 3 prior Review Teams, as well as ICANN Staff and the nominees for ATRT2 who were not selected.  Therefore the call schedule in the short term is heavy.  I recognize the high frequency of calls in the short term but also recognize  the need to initiate data gathering early in our work to be able to properly frame the issues and to deliver solid, proposed recommendations in early October.  As a team, we could always decide that a regularly scheduled ATRT2 call is not needed and dispense with it.

As for the call tomorrow, we are speaking with ICANN Staff (managers) at Denise's suggestion.  The purpose of the call, is to provide clear requests to ICANN Staff (building on the list of questions we provided to Denise) for inputs and documents pertaining to the implementation of Review Team recommendations.  This call should facilitate a more efficient and effective face-to-face meeting in Los Angeles.  Additionally, we should note that this is only the first interaction with the broader ICANN staff and ATRT2 will have follow up opportunities to ask additional questions and ask for additional documentation.

Alice, please circulate the agenda for tomorrow's call as soon as you can.  Going forward, let's operate by circulating the agenda for calls at least 5 days prior to a scheduled call.  Thank you.

Regards,
Brian