[atrt2] Operationalizing the role of governments in Internet Governance | The ITU Blog

Carlos Raúl G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Wed Jun 5 18:23:22 UTC 2013

Dear ATRT2 colleagues!

As many, but not all of you where present in Geneva a few weeks ago, I want to share this summary of Brazil's proposal at WTPF13 (the seventh opinion so to say...)

http://itu4u.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/operationalizing-the-role-of-governments-in-internet-governance/

The delegation of Costa Rica supported this initiative, considering the appropriateness of the Forum for the discussion of the issue, as opposed to WCIT12, whose Revision of the ITR's Costa Rica opposed and still does.

In a related move Brazil has changed his GAC representative, putting GAC higher in their policy  agenda I would say.

Although not directly related to our task, I consider this increasing interest of Governments in Internet Governance important for ICANN to follow up closely, and from our report to recommend close follow up of their "Government + ITU" outreach efforts over the next few years, as everything is moving forward.

Best

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez

SUTEL, Costa Rica