[atrt2] URGENT: Final Draft RFP

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 27 03:33:48 UTC 2013

Attached please find the hopefully final RFP. Before disappearing for
the next week, Brian made some edits, one of which removed the
explicit reference to the GAC under scope of work. Since he is not
here to present his rationale, I have temporarily left in his comment
about why he felt strongly that the particular reference should not
be included in the RFP.

Partly in response to that, Lise and I, with Avri's agreement
included an explicit reference to ICANN ACs and SOs in the Annex
description of stakeholders.

In addition to posting this RFP publicly, staff has identified two
potential consultants to explicitly be invited to bid, One World
Trust and Ken Bour. With this note, I ask staff to explain why they
believe that they could meet our needs.

If anyone on the RT has additional suggestions for who to invite,
please let us know quickly. The list of those submitting proposals to
the ATRT1 competition can be found at
<http://www.icann.org/en/about/aoc-review/atrt/rfp-respondents-evaluation-19jun10-en.pdf>http://www.icann.org/en/about/aoc-review/atrt/rfp-respondents-evaluation-19jun10-en.pdf.

If we are to meet the target issue date of July 1 (next Monday!), we
need to finalize everything quickly, so I ask for all comments and
suggestions to arrive no later that 12:00 UTC on Friday, June 28.

If there are any crucial edits to them RFP itself, please submit them
as soon as possible to allow discussion.

Alan