[atrt2] URGENT: Final Draft RFP

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jun 28 15:49:20 UTC 2013

Jørgen,

Your original proposal was "whether in particular
the views and advice provided by GAC has been
duly taken into account given the specific tasks
of national governments with respect to public policy."

There was a strong feeling from both Brian and
Avri that we not call out one particular
stakeholder. Moreover, like other parts of my
original draft that were omitted, we need to be
careful that the wording of the RFP does not
direct the outcome (that is, by us identifying
the issue of whether the GAC input is taken into
account, we are to some extent reaching a
conclusion ahead of time - we wouldn't ask the
question if there were not a perceived problem).

We already have the sub-bullet: "to what extent
process incorporates the views, advice and needs
of all stakeholders, both those active in ICANN
and those not typically present for ICANN deliberations (See Annex)."

In Brian's absence, we (the three vice-chairs)
feel that the best we can do is to move the list
of ICANN stakeholders from the Annex to the scope, replacing that bullet with:

"to what extent process incorporates the views,
advice and needs stakeholders, ICANN Advisory
Committees - Governmental Advisory Committee
(GAC), At-large Advisory Committee (ALAC),
Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC),
Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC);
Supporting Organizations - Generic Names
Supporting Organization (GNSO), Country Code
Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO), Address
Supporting Organization (ASO); and those not
typically present for ICANN deliberations (See Annex)."

And removing the footnotes in the Annex.

I hope that you can accept this so that we can
issue the RFP prior to Brian's return.

Alan (on behalf of Lise and Avri)