[atrt2] Info: 4 part series on ICANN Accountability

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun Sep 1 17:07:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

Thanks for this.  I still think it will be interesting to see how the accusations are substantiated.  I do beleive that as with all other information available on the issue of ICANN Accountability and transparency, we will need to look at it, as we can certainly assume that external writings on the subject will definitely create the environment into which our report will be received.  And the environment in which our effort will either be judged as a worthwhile delving into the Accountability and transparency nature of ICANN or a whitewash.

We need to remember that it is the AOC and its review, especially the ATRT that are among the strongest claims we, as the community that defends and explains ICANN to the world, can make.  If our effort avoids the controversial, we may be judged as having failed at our collective  duty.  At the end of the year, on 1 Jan 2014, we will all have to make our own judgements on whether we were able to really fulfill our mandate, and on whether we did all we could do.

Perhaps it is just me, but I already find the piece, and the reactions, interesting and illuminating.  I look forward to seeing how the series continues, but I reiterate that I see paying attention to it as part of our continued information collection.

avri