[atrt2] 答复: Conference call and comments

zhang xinsheng zhangxinsheng at miit.gov.cn
Tue Oct 1 10:24:55 UTC 2013

Dear everyone,

Regarding the report drafting, I would like to put forward the following thoughts for your consideration.

First of all, the draft report should again emphasize on the implementation of ATRT1 recommendations. At the beginning part of the draft report or somewhere appropriate, there could be a paragraph summarizing the implementation progress of ATRT1 recommendations. In particular, the report identifies those recommendations that are not fully implemented to encourage ICANN to take further actions.

Second, as discussed in Washington, to my understanding, the draft report will group related recommendations together into several issues such as board, GAC, metrics, multilingualism etc. I would suggest prioritizing these issues based on importance, while taking account into implementability and operability. There could be a paragraph dedicated to this. To do this, we want to prevent the situation where some of the ATRT2 recommendations will not be completed; in particular, we do not want to see some important recommendations cannot be implemented within the 3-year cycle.

Third, I think the most important recommendations are those which have direct relevance to the legitimacy of ICANN. To highlight the important recommendations will contribute to pushing ICANN a forward step to its internationalization. For this reason, I think recommendations relating to metrics and GAC are the most important ones and should be prioritized.

Best regards,

Xinsheng