[atrt2] Template 28 & 29

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Oct 5 03:36:00 UTC 2013

Brian, as per our discussion earlier this evening, I have redrafted
the template to address my concerns. Specifically:

1. I integrated the revised section on community input that was added
to the original template after you made the changes.

2. Restored the intent of the first sentence of the analysis section.

3. Put back in, but re-worded the section on ensuring negotiation in
good faith and added a section of the issue of the Board responding
to pressure after the fact. It is justified by the discussions of the
Chairs group and by several comments.

4. I restored the recommendation on GAC involvements. In his last
draft, Larry does have a place holder Rec (#10) pending the Expert
report, but it is very general and avoids mentioning the GNSO and
PDP. I am sure they can be melded, but don't have the stamina to try
now. The text included is very carefully worded to not prescribe HOW
to fix the problem, but that the end-result of getting interaction is
the target. I would suggest that we leave them as is in this draft.

5. I have re-worked the Rec on getting wider involvement. It is a key
issue identified in the Experet report as well as several comments.
Paul is correct in the it IS aspirational. It may be that parts of it
are not practical to achieve now or in the foreseeable future. But we
DO need to look at the issue and not put our heads in the ground. The
re-work makes it clear this is not a demand to fix the problem, but
to start looking at it and look for opportunities.

6. Re-wording of the Amend PDP procedures  to make them more
understandable (I did not know what "ICANN should assist the Board" meant).

You can take it from here. If you feel that section I added back need
to go, so be it.

Alan