[atrt2] Preparation for Buenos Aires

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Oct 26 03:09:18 UTC 2013

It had nothing to do with cost. See my earlier reply. It was just a
matter of bandwidth to organize a presentation, lack of time to
adequately publicize and hold it prior to BA, and history of poor
turnouts. I personally supported a webinar, but there was little
other interest and I was not in a position to take it on myself.

Regarding a public meeting, I tend to agree. If I recall correctly,
at least part of the problem was the lack of time given that we
committed to ATRT people being there for such a few number of days,
coupled with the very tight scheduling given the 4-day week and our
decision to seclude ourselves on Monday.

Alan