[atrt2] ATRT2 Final Report - Draft #3 LATEST

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Dec 24 02:29:09 UTC 2013

See embedded.

Also, there is a reference at the end of your
note to "implantation". Don't know where it comes
from, but presume it should be implementation.

At 23/12/2013 06:35 PM, Larisa B. Gurnick wrote:
>Dear ATRT2,
>Attached is the latest version of the ATRT2
>Report, along with separate documents for
>Appendices B- E (Appendix A is the ICC report).
>All changes have been incorporated and Table of
>Contents has been updated.  These are the master
>files and should be used if you plan to make any
>further changes to the report prior to
>submitting it to the Board.  Please copy me,
>Denise and Alice when you submit your Final Report to the Board.
>
>Staff flagged several items (previously included
>as notes in the document) for you to consider as
>you finalize the report – please see the listing below.
>
>As a reminder, ICANN will be closed for the
>holidays from noon on 24 December through 1
>January.  Staff will be available to assist with
>any last minute edits upon return on 2
>January.  Staff will submit the final report for
>translation  and coordinate the posting on the
>web site as soon as ATRT2 confirms the Final
>Report documents after the holidays.
>
>Happy Holidays,
>Larisa
>
>Items for ATRT2 consideration prior to finalizing the report:
>1.       Recommendation #4 – Paul indicated that
>the Review Team should develop a footnote
>explaining change from prior language, i.e. only
>mention policy development and implementation,
>not administrative matters.  Executive Summary  and body of the report.
>2.       Recommendation #6  Confirm that the
>following should be deleted:  “Increase GAC
>early involvement in the various ICANN policy
>processes (tied to ATRT 1 Recommendation
>12).  Recommendation was merged and concepts
>included in the recommendations related to
>cross-community development
>processes.”  Executive Summary and body of the report.

I cannot locate that line, so presume it was already deleted.

In any case, I can see no reason to keep it. If
we really want a link, it could be worded
"Another GAC-related recommendation can be found at Recommendation 10.2".

However, I see no real need for that.

>3.      Report Section 1;  Findings of
>ATRT1:  “In the course of its deliberations,
>ATRT1 found that the Nominating Committee
>(NomCom) had failed to implement previous recommendations from, [S1]
>

>4.       In several sections of the report,
>references to ATRT1 recommendations have been
>footnoted. This has not been done consistently throughout the report.
>

>5.      Report Section 5; Findings of ATRT1 - capacity[S2] .
>

>6.       Report Section Headings – Alan made a
>change to Report Section 13, which was
>incorporated.  He took out the parenthetical
>reference; yet other Report Sections still have
>it and earlier, there was an agreement to
>include these references for further
>clarity.  ATRT2 should make a decision to address this consistently.

What I removed was factually incorrect - it
referred to earlier versions which were focused on the GNSO PDP.

What you have for sections 14 and 15 is:

Report Section 14. AoC REVIEW PROCESS
EFFECTIVENESS:  ATRT2 Recommendation 11 (New
Recommendation on Effectiveness of the Review Process)

Report Section 15. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABIILITY AND
TRANSPARENCY:  ATRT2 Recommendation #12 (New
Recommendation on Finance Accountability and Transparency)

The parenthetical seems rather redundant to me,
but if you want one for Section 13, it should be:

Report Section 13. CROSS-COMMUNITY
DELIBERATIONS:  ATRT2 Recommendation #10 (New
Recommendation on Cross-community Deliberations)