[bc-communications] BC Communications Committee Chair Guidance.

Lawrence O. Olawale-Roberts lawrence at microboss.org
Fri May 14 12:20:32 UTC 2021

I would like to draw our attention to provisions in the BC Charter
concerning the duties of a Committee's Chair:

4.1    General Provisions.

4.1.1    Chair Responsibilities. As set forth in §2.5.2(a), the
Vice-Chair for Finance and Operations will serve as Chair of the Finance
Committee; otherwise, the members of each committee shall elect a Chair
annually who, among other duties mentioned elsewhere in this Charter,
will:
a.    Schedule meetings and develop agendas;
b.    Conduct deliberations consistent with the consensus provisions in
§6.1;
c.    Keep and publish (or direct others to keep and publish) minutes of
committee meetings and records of committee actions, which shall be made
available on the Private List (§7.2.2); and
d.    Involve Business Constituency Members in the activities of the
committee, as appropriate.
4.1.2    Conflicts of Interest. Committee members have a duty to perform
their roles with diligence and loyalty to the Business Constituency and
will promptly disclose any and all conflicts of interest in a timely
fashion, recusing themselves from discussions and decisions whenever
there is an actual conflict or offering to recuse themselves in
situations which could be perceived to be a conflict.

Cheers,

LOR

  		www.microboss.org [1]  e: lawrence at microboss.org

  		 [2]   [3]   [4]   [5]

  		This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected
by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient you should not store it, copy it, re-transmit it, use it or
disclose its contents, but should return it to the sender immediately
and delete your copy from your system. The views expressed are those of
the sender and his company MicroBoss. Please note that whilst we scan
all e-mails for viruses we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is
virus-free.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.microboss.org/