[bc-gnso] status of elections?

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Wed Nov 25 09:20:56 UTC 2009

On an election timetable, we had discussed this in light of the timing specified
in the new Charter and intervening events.

Seoul - just over
Charter - just over
IGF - just over
US Thanksgiving weekend is 26 - 29 November
Eid 27-29 November
Christmas a month later, but many people will be absent from 18 December this
year given the timing of Christmas day.

Our Charter calls for 2+1+1 = 4 weeks for the election.

On this basis, we wondered if the better option would be for members to discuss
during December, who may be interested in doing which job and then we would call
a formal election period in early January. Otherwise we risk rushing the new
more relaxed election cycle and undermining exactly what it was supposed to
achieve.

Philip