[bc-gnso] FW: [council] Confirmation of new practice at face to face open council meetings

Mike Rodenbaugh icann at rodenbaugh.com
Sun Oct 25 01:18:37 UTC 2009

Fyi below from the Council Chair, in response to the attached email string
begun by me, and subsequent discussion of Council this morning.  I have had
these very strong feelings for a long time now, and various less formal
efforts to remedy the situation have not been effective.

The Council appears nearly unanimous in support of the concept that
Councilors should be given every opportunity to speak at Council meetings,
and any public comment periods within the weekend meetings will be
structured more as they are in the large public Council meetings held on
Wednesday of the ICANN meetings.  This is an effort to make Council more
efficient, and to allow Councilors to do their jobs without constant
interruptions from non-representative individuals.  Of course, there are
many other opportunities for such individuals to voice their comments and
questions through the GNSO's bottom-up, open and transparent policy
development practices, including the BC's internal practices.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
548 Market Street
San Francisco, CA  94104