[bc-gnso] i'm a candidate for AOC reviewer too

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Mon Mar 8 06:30:32 UTC 2010

ah!  good idea Ron.

i'll tag along -- i also submitted my name.  here's the text of my candidacy letter...

mikey

 - - - - - - -

Dear Selectors and Reviewers,

I am submitting my name as a candidate for the Affirmation of Commitments Accountability and Transparency Review Team and am also requesting GNSO endorsement for that candidacy.  I am a member of the GNSO Commercial and Business Users Constituency (CBUC).

I’ve combined (and gently rewritten) the ICANN and GNSO calls for applicants into a single series of questions that I answer on the following pages. I’m treating this response as a “portfolio of work completed” in hopes that it will be useful in evaluating whether my knowledge, skills and approach are a good match for the position.

I have tried to stay within the 3-page guideline specified in the ICANN call for applicants, but the additional GNSO questions were my undoing.  Apologies for going slightly over the limit with this combined response.

I am volunteering for this role because I think I can make a substantial contribution to the project, I have the time and I enjoy this kind of work.  I’m also hopeful that I will be viewed as a candidate who can responsibly represent the views of the whole GNSO, not just the CBUC.

Thanks very much for your consideration and your efforts as reviewers and selectors.

Sincerely,

Mike O’Connor

phone 	651-647-6109
fax  		866-280-2356
web 	www.haven2.com
handle	OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)