[bc-gnso] NO HUDDLE TONIGHT/BUT 8 AM. TOMORROW, IN COFFEE CAFE /8 A.M.

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:29:49 UTC 2010

REMINDER THAT THE PUBLIC FORUM STARTS AT 8:30 A.M./AGENDA BELOW: PLEASE TRY TO COME BY 8  A.M. AND DISCUSS AS A GROUP THE ITEMS BELOW AND THE PUBLIC MIKE OPPORTUNITIES.  THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL EXCHANGE BUT SOME TOPICS WILL HAVE EXISTING BC POSITIONS AND IN THOSE CASES, WE WILL FIGURE OUT WHERE A PUBLIC MIKE STATEMENT IS NEEDED, AND WHO CAN MAKE IT.

Agenda details: THURSDAY, PUBLIC FORUM

8.30
– 8.35 Chair, Nominating Committee

8.35
– 8.50 Independent Review Panel decision

          [MSC Chair’s Note: This will be the
explanation and

         discussion of the .xxx decision.]

8.50
– 10.45 New gTLD implementation issues (Part one)

Trade
Mark protection mechanisms

Clearing
House

Uniform
Rapid Suspension

Post
delegation dispute mechanisms

Thick
Whois

Vertical
Integration

10.45
– 11.00 Break

11.00
– 11.45 New gTLds implementation issues (Part two)

3
Character Variants

EOI

gTLD
communications plan launch

Economic
studies

Application
fees

11.45
– 12.00.Accountability and Transparency Review

12.00
– 12.10 DNS security; DNS Cert

12.10 – 12.30 Any other issues
REMINDER/REQUEST:

This is a reminder/invitation to all of you to come at 8 a.m. to the coffee area, grab a coffee, and join in an informal 'huddle' to discuss the Public Forum Agenda, and identify what topics you are going to be speaking on at the mike. When there is a position of the BC, we will assign a speaker to convey the BC position, if that is suitable to the agenda.  However, there are many topics on the Forum agenda either where the BC does not have a position, or where members have different views.
In some cases, we don't have positions, but will have questions to ask.  In some cases, we have pre existing positions. but in many cases, some topics will lead to members wanting to speak in their individual capacity to ask questions.
I'd just like to gather a list of where you want to speak. We'll do a bit of sorting tomorrow a.m. and also identify any other topics.
I HAVE INVITED PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS AND OUR NEWEST MEMBER, JON NEVETT TO JOIN US.
THIS IS AN OPTIONAL GATHERING, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL COME ALONG.
MARILYN CADEBC CHAIR