[bc-gnso] Acronym Helper

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:13:23 UTC 2010

I don't think we should be putting ads on the bizconst.org site, right. I'm setting up a call with the new team who picked up the web hosting/email management, and I'll include Chris in that call. It is my intent to have an interim approach to improvements, and then expect that we sort with ICANN whether there will be any prospect of their providing these kinds of services within a 6 month period.
I will say that my perspective -- after extensive conversation--with the staff, is that any really useful stuff will be a year away, although we already have the use of ICANN's telephone bridges and other remote participation services, so we are able to enhance our immediate interactions with members and not have communications expenses.
I am also pursuing getting information from Doug and others at ICANN on when the gNSO website improvements will be 'started'.  I am thinking that we may actually end up with a year long 'interim period', rather than a few months, and I want to sort that asap.
but one way or the other, we can get this particular item taken care of.