[bc-gnso] NetChoice comment on IANA

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Apr 1 13:33:22 UTC 2011

Just sharing the NetChoice comment on IANA (attached).

We took a different tack than ETNO, because we are concerned about ICANN's 'commitment' to the Affirmation of Commitments.

Before responding to specific questions in the RfC, we address the comment filed by ICANN on March 25, arguing to remove Commerce Department review of IANA function performance.  For reasons explained below, we believe that Commerce must retain regular IANA contract reviews in order to hold ICANN to its Affirmation of Commitments.

…

Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org and http://blog.netchoice.org