[bc-gnso] ALERTS from the Secretariat: TAS Interruption - Update (4 May 2012)

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Sun May 6 20:28:50 UTC 2012

Dear BC Members,

Please find below an ICANN announcement.

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home
www.bizconst.org

  TAS Interruption - Update (4 May 2012)

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-04may12-en.htm

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

The TLD Application System, or TAS, held 2091 applications - either
submitted or in progress - when it was taken offline on 12 April 2012.

In addition, there are 214 potential applications that were registered
prior to the 29 March cut-off date, but whose payments have not yet been
received or reconciled.

ICANN has received approximately USD $350 million in fees for
applications for new gTLDs.

As we have reported, we are in the process of notifying applicants
whether they were affected by the software glitch, and plan to complete
this process on or before Tuesday, 8 May. Shortly after that process is
complete, we will announce the schedule for reopening TAS and completing
the application period. Once the system is reopened, we will keep it
open for at least five business days.

We appreciate your understanding as we work to bring the TLD application
system back online.

Glen de Saint Géry

GNSO Secretariat

gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org <mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>