[bc-gnso] ALERTS from the Secretariat: The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Thu May 31 12:42:44 UTC 2012

Dear BC Members,

Please find below the ICANN announcement regarding the the TAS closing.

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home
www.bizconst.org
bc-secretariat at icann.org

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-30may12-en.htm

New gTLD Update by Akram Atallah, COO

The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.

As of 23.00 GMT/UTC today, with one hour remaining before the system
closed, just over 1900 applications had been submitted in TAS.

We will reconcile all payments and submitted applications, and will
release the final numbers when the applied-for domain names are
published. As we said yesterday, our target date for publishing the list
of applied-for domain names is 13 June 2012.

We thank all applicants and the ICANN community for their support
throughout the application process.