[bc-gnso] CALL FOR DRAFTERS: BC Comment on Accountability & Transparency Team's Draft Review

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Oct 25 15:44:16 UTC 2013

We discussed this on yesterday's member call.  Anjali Hansen volunteered (thank-you, Anjali), and we want to cast a broader net for help in drafting these comments.

The second Accountability sand Transparency Review Team (ATRT2) was convened as part of the Affirmation of Commitments.  (ATRT2 page<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/atrt2-recommendations-21oct13-en.htm>)

The ATRT2 just published its draft review/recommendations (here<http://www.icann.org/en/about/aoc-review/atrt/draft-recommendations-15oct13-en.pdf>), including these recommendation:
• establish clear metrics and benchmarks against which improvements in accountability and transparency can be measured;
• communicate clearly and consistently about its accountability and transparency mechanisms and performance; and
• improve and prioritize its AoC Review processes.

Initial comments are due 22-Nov so we want draft comments circulated to BC members before 8-Nov.

The BC offered several suggestions to the ATRT2 when they began in Jun-2013  (link<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/BC%20Comment%20on%20ATRT-2%20questions%20FINAL.pdf>)

Who else can help Anjali with review and drafting?

Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org and http://blog.netchoice.org
+1.202.420.7482