[bc-gnso] RE: LAST CALL: BC comment on Proposal to Mitigate Name Collision Risks (filing deadline 17-Sep)

Elisa Cooper Elisa.Cooper at markmonitor.com
Mon Sep 16 14:36:08 UTC 2013

Thank you again Steve.

Best,
Elisa

Elisa Cooper
Director of Product Marketing
MarkMonitor

Elisa Cooper
Chair
ICANN Business Constituency

208 389-5779 PH

From: owner-bc-gnso at icann.org [mailto:owner-bc-gnso at icann.org] On Behalf Of Steve DelBianco
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:03 PM
To: bc-gnso at icann.org list
Subject: [bc-gnso] LAST CALL: BC comment on Proposal to Mitigate Name Collision Risks (filing deadline 17-Sep)

This is "Last Call" regarding proposed BC comments on ICANN's Proposal to Mitigate Name Collision Risks (attached).  This public comment (link<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/name-collision-05aug13-en.htm>) closes 17-Sep.

Here's the history on this comment draft:

We circulated Elisa Cooper's initial draft on 26-Aug.

Sarah Deutsch (Verizon) circulated edits on 27-Aug, offering stronger language about impact on customers of BC members, and questions ICANN's criteria for "low risk" strings.

We discussed on our member call on 29-Aug.

Sarah re-posted her comment on 3-Sep, referring us to Mikey O'Connor's post (link<http://www.haven2.com/index.php/archives/new-gtlds-and-namespace-collision>)

Steve (NetChoice) circulated comments filed by NetChoice on 8-Sep.  In the attached draft, Steve added to Sarah's edits by questioning the "acceptable risk" criteria proposed by ICANN.   Steve added to Sarah's request for additional time, asking for more comment time once ICANN publishes written briefing requested by the GAC in Durban.

Members who would object to the attached comment should REPLY ALL by 16-Sep indicating concerns.   Unless more than 5 members object, I will file these comments on 17-Sep.

Thanks to Elisa and Sarah for their work on this comment.

Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org and http://blog.netchoice.org
+1.202.420.7482