[bc-gnso] LAST CALL FOR REVIEW: BC comment on Proposed Specification 13 to Registry Agreement for .Brand gTLDs

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Wed Jan 29 17:53:43 UTC 2014

Just 2 days left before we finalize and post this comment to ICANN.

Mike Rodenbaugh signaled his agreement.

Any other comments from members?

From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco at netchoice.org<mailto:sdelbianco at netchoice.org>>
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM
To: "'bc-GNSO at icann.org<mailto:'bc-GNSO at icann.org> GNSO list'" <bc-gnso at icann.org<mailto:bc-gnso at icann.org>>
Cc: Andy Abrams <abrams at google.com<mailto:abrams at google.com>>, Stephanie Duchesneau <stephanie.duchesneau at fairwindspartners.com<mailto:stephanie.duchesneau at fairwindspartners.com>>
Subject: FOR REVIEW: BC comment on Proposed Specification 13 to Registry Agreement for .Brand gTLDs

Attached is the draft BC comment on Proposed Specification 13 to the Registry Agreement for ".Brand" new gTLDs.

The Brand Registry Group (link<http://brandregistrygroup.org>) has proposed a new Spec 13 for .brand registries (link<https://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/spec13-06dec13-en.htm>).   On our 9-Jan call, Andy Abrams and Stephanie Duchesneau volunteered to draft a BC comment.

Their draft was discussed on our 16-Jan call.  Andy and Stephanie suggest 2 amendments for benefit of business users, regarding affiliates and sunrise periods.  They also note that the BC addressed several dot-brand registry issues in pages 9-12 of our 2010 Comments (link<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/BC%20on%20Final%20App%20Guidebook.pdf>).

Comments close 31-Jan, and last Thursday’s call began our 14-day review period.   Please REPLY ALL with edits (TRACK CHANGES) as soon as possible, since the comment deadline is 31-Jan-2014.

Thanks again to Andy and Stephanie for taking the lead on this.

—
Steve DelBianco
Vice chair for policy coordination