[bylaws-coord] CCWG-Accountability feedback on timeline

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Mar 10 15:36:53 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We have discussed with the CCWG-Accountability this morning and we have some
feedback on the timeline. The group wanted to ensure that there is enough
time to get this draft right, before putting it out for public comment. I am
sharing this feedback in order to discuss it within our coordination group,
before we can get back to the CCWG.

The biggest risk we see is not having the draft right for public comment,
and not have the right review process for our full group. This creates
quality and political risks. So, our proposal is to push back the public
comment by five days, thus moving the finalization and Board consideration
time post-public comment down to one week (instead of two).

Wednesday 13 April: CCWG finishes draft bylaws and Board approves draft
bylaws for public comment

Wednesday 20 April: Open Public Comment for bylaws (we proposed 15 April to
the CCWG)

Friday 20 May: Close Public Comment for bylaws (we proposed 15 May to the
CCWG)

then:

Follow up changes to draft Bylaws based on public comments

CCWG sign off of final draft bylaws

Tuesday 31 May: Board approves draft bylaws

It is still tight but we think it is a more logical use of the time between
now and 31st. And in the best case we can finalise sooner at CCWG level.

We welcome your respective feedbacks.

Best regards,

Mathieu Weill