[bylaws-coord] Guidance Requested

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon May 23 09:43:08 UTC 2016

Hi all

This delay is a new process, required to give time for the 28-day petition
process to occur once the board passes a standard bylaws amendment.  The
logic is it would be more disruption to Icann to 'roll back' an amendment
which was being challenged than to defer its start.

My view is that it isn't important which of 28 or 30 days is chosen. The
longer period gives a little flexibility for e.g. notices or info to flow.
28 will also work.

On instinct I'd stick with the 28 which is the maximum length of petitions.

Cheers
Jordan

On Saturday, 21 May 2016, Gregory, Holly <holly.gregory at sidley.com> wrote:

> Dear Bylaws Coordinating Group:
>

> We have sent proposed edits corresponding to most of the CCWG Comments of
> May 13 as well as proposed corrections of typos and conforming changes to
> Sam Eisner and we have copied you on that email.
>

> There is one item on which we need guidance from the Bylaws Coordinating
> Group or the CCWG relating to Section 25.1(e):  The CCWG Proposal is
> internally inconsistent on when Standard Bylaw Amendments take effect.
> Annex 2, Paragraph 30 provides for a 28 day period, and Annex 4, Paragraph
> 32 provides for a 30 day period in both instances following the Rejection
> Action Board Notification Date.  We need direction on which time period
> should be used – 28 days or 30 days.
>

> We leave it to you whether this email or the email to Sam sent today
> should be posted to the CCWG list.
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Holly and Rosemary
>

> *HOLLY* *J. GREGORY*
> Partner and Co-Chair
> Corporate Governance & Executive Compensation Practice Group
>
> *Sidley Austin LLP*
> 787 Seventh Avenue
> New York, NY 10019
> +1 212 839 5853
> holly.gregory at sidley.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','holly.gregory at sidley.com');>
> www.sidley.com
>
> [image: http://www.sidley.com/files/upload/signatures/SA-autosig.png]
> <http://www.sidley.com/> *SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP*

> This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
> privileged or confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
> attachments and notify us
> immediately.

Jordan Carter
Chief Executive, InternetNZ