[Capacity-Building-WG] social media

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Sun May 26 19:47:08 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention, that the difference between just
on-line communication and social media is in personal approach to the late.
It means that it's not enough just to cope-paste some fragments from ICANN
web-site into Facebook or Twitter. It is necessary to add our personal
attitude to the information we are trying to deliver. Can we translate
ICANN info into non-ICANN languages? Can we explain to ordinary users what
does it mean for them? Can we initiate discussion within our communities on
hot topicks?

As for me, the role of social media is the most important in ICANN
internationalization.

Best regards,
Oksana