[Capacity-Building-WG] [ALAC] 2017 Capacity Building

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Tue Nov 29 16:59:26 UTC 2016

Hi Tijani,

Thanks for your initiative on this important initiative. I agree with the
points made before.

I would suggest that we have a mix of webinars, one set consisting of
mainstream policy issues directed at the entire community, and another set
directed at newcomers. As Vanda pointed out, basic information may still be
relevant (we also saw this need at the APRALO Capacity Building sessions at
Hyderabad).

Several good topics have already been suggested (particularly the new
structures and their functions/roles). If we still have time, we could
consider a few technical topics that could be of interest to the At-Large
community (which the WG could develop jointly with TTF).

Finally, one of the topics discussed briefly at Hyderabad was the Document
Drafting Pilot. Although DDP is not perhaps suitable for a webinar, it may
be useful for newcomers to try out in a hands-on mode. Just a suggestion...

satish