[Capacity-Building-WG] CALL to ACTION: Initiative for your Review

Alfredo Calderon calderon.alfredo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 13:24:12 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues:

As we move forward with our initiatives for the At-Large Capacity Building
WG, one of our tasks involves the following which is part of the 'After
ATLAS III' proposed ideas to enhance our communication with our community
and newcomers.

Please review these resources and if you, as a volunteer, feel comfortable
working on this specific task, share your ideas and desire to do so. As
part of our work strategy, we will explore the possibility of creating
'Sub-Working Groups' that will identify individuals to lead and report to
the Capacity Building WG as we sent our meeting schedule.  More initiatives
will be discussed during our January meeting.

   - Review materials developed for the "Onboarding Pilot Program" as
   listed below:
      - One of the things developed for At-Large Community Onboarding in
      2016/2017
      https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Community+Onboarding,
      is a Key Policy Issues of the At-Large Community slide deck. *NOTE*:
      Needs to be updated using the latest approach designed by the At-Large
      Consolidated Policy WG (CPWG).

      *Purpose*: The intent of the slide deck was to help new or potential
      At-Large Community members to learn about the various ICANN policy issues
      of interest to end users, why end-users should care about these
issues, and
      how as part of the ICANN At-Large Community they can become involved on
      these issues.

      *Interactive website*:
      https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XqbvBYdWWC9ZE3MKu_tmVoQ7yOu9o2MrAL-ExyAZLRE/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000#slide=id.p7
      *NOTE*: Needs to be updated and propose an innovative way to make
      it's content user-friendly, accessible and understandable by our
community
      and newcomers.

      *Google Slides* link:
      https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XqbvBYdWWC9ZE3MKu_tmVoQ7yOu9o2MrAL-ExyAZLRE/edit#slide=id.g2121e7783a_0_1

*Purpose*: Slide deck that can be easily updated and used as the
Interactive website depending on the issues to be presented to the
audience. *NOTE*: Can this be redesigned? Could it be available as short
video clips explaining each topic?

   - Update above listed materials, in such a way that it is thorough, but
   at the same time, available in different formats (*videos* - snippets,
   *text* - easy to read and update, *podcasts* - short video clips to keep
   the community updated in new Policy Development - Linked to the
   Consolidated Policy Working Group).

   - Recommend and design At-Large curricula for Online courses in ICANN
   Learn.

To those that celebrate Christmas and the New Year,

> *Let the spirit of love gently fill your hearts and homes. *

*In this one of the loveliest of seasons may you find many reasons for
> happiness.*

Regards,

Joanna Kulesza, c-Chair
Alfredo Calderon, co-Chair
At-Large Capacity Building WG

[image: photo]
*Alfredo Calderon*
eLearning Consultant

calderon.alfredo at gmail.com

http://aprendizajedistancia.blogspot.com | Skype: Alfredo_1212 <#>
| wiseintro.co/alfredocalderon
<http://facebook.com/calderon.alfredo>
<http://pr.linkedin.com/in/acalderon52> <http://twitter.com/acalderon52>
<http://plus.google.com/u/0/103289446075444313762/posts>
<http://www.pinterest.com/acalderon/> <http://www.slideshare.net/acalderon>
<http://klout.com/#/acalderon52> <http://wiseintro.co/alfredocalderon>

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
Get your own email signature
<https://www.wisestamp.com/signature-in-email?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=get_your_own>