[cc-humanrights] Marrakech Meeting Requests

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Wed Jan 6 00:24:09 UTC 2016

On 4/01/2016 11:51 AM, Niels ten Oever wrote:
> Great, how much time would you like to use for this? And do you also
> have a short description of what you would like to do?

Sorry for the delayed reply - I'm going through a beginning of year
backlog, you can probably understand!

How about this:

"Domain registries and registrars are coming under increasing informal
pressure from rightsholders and enforcement authorities to shut down
websites that host allegedly illegal or infringing content, by
suspending or cancelling those websites' domain names. Such actions can
bypass the law's due process protections and put the freedom of
expression and privacy of end users at risk. This session will include a
discussion of recent global developments, and an introduction to the
Manila Principles on Intermediary Liability which offer guidance to
regulators and intermediaries in this area."

I'll defer to you about how much time can be spared for this discussion.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en