[cc-humanrights] ICANN visualization 2nd draft

avri doria avri at acm.org
Sun May 22 14:01:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I like the mindmap way of looking at this.  Also allows for each of the
end nodes to go into more detail without needing to show that detail all
the time.  Is the mindmap file available and is further work planned on
it?  Is it in one of those environments that allows for cooperative
online work?  Or is this only an Article 19 proposal as the file name
indicates.

Some points on the content of the chart.

- On new gTLD you may want to add something about gTLD and developing
economies under economic, social (and what happened to cultural) rights.
I.e. new gTLD program comes under this category as well.

- under FoA and new gTLDs, you may want to consider two branches, one
dealing with the existing program, in which case the AGB of 2012, as an
implementation of the policy of 2007, is an issue.  For new gTLD, the
AGB, as an implementation is not the starting point, but the
reevaluation of the GNSO Policy of 2007 and its implementation will be
the issue. This is similar to what was done for FoE.

- under FoA, is the structure of ICANN internal working structure for
the community at all an additional consideration?

- under gender and diversity, is the ombudsman the only consideration?
What about the new policies such as the one that is being proposed in
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/expected-standards-revisions-2016-05-16-en

avri