[cc-humanrights] [cc-humanrights-research] ICANN visualization 2nd draft

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:44:43 UTC 2016

(Editing egregious grammar)

It's important to incorporate recognition of how international rights
work as compared to how we're accustomed to rights working.

You can see this in relation to how the EU CoJ overruled the Safe
Harbor Agreement, which was not based on rights enacted by treaty.
The treaty-based Strasbourg Court, on the other hand, could have ruled
the ECHR privacy right had been violated, but the treaty would have
remained in place, and would have been simply modified/qualified with
exceptions by the same governments whose executive branch actors wrote
it in the first place.

Seth