[cc-humanrights] Call Summary, Follow-Up and Way Forward

Niels ten Oever niels at article19.org
Fri Jan 20 13:32:01 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Since it were only Vidushi and me on the call we went ahead and went
over the different points:

- Website
We decided to go ahead, we should have had a website a while ago, so
let's make this happen. While Niels is working on the website technology
we'll plan a content sprint, so we can jointly write content for the
website, as to populate it.

- Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Draft
Vidushi will need a week to make the document a bit more mature, and
then we'll officially open it for comments in our group for adoption as
Working Party document, after that we would do at least on more round of
reviews before we would release it (hopefully before Copenhagen so we
can present it there).

- WHOIS and Privacy
Aarti would offer a next iteration this paper, is there any news on that?

- ICANN and Human Rights Impact Assessments
Rachel would offer a draft for this process, is there any news on that?

- The Webinar on community TLDs and Human Rights
The Webinar was really well attended and there seemed to be full
consensus that the community TLD application procedure needs to change.
We offered to also discuss this in Copenhagen, but what could be
concrete next steps and additions? Open for ideas and suggestions.

Operations:
- Niels applied for a 90 minutes session for CCWP-HR on Monday or
Wednesday during the Copenhagen meeting.

Update CCWG:
- In the CCWG on enhancing ICANN accountability subgroup on Human Rights
a Framework of Interpretation was developed. This had two readings in
the CCWG plenary and now will be offered soon for public comment. The
Public Comment will still be open during the Copenhagen meeting, so I
propose we also make some time to discuss this in Copenhagen.

That's all for now, looking forward to hear from you all.

Best,

Niels

PS I just published an article with Stefania on ICANN and Human Rights,
might be of your interest: https://t.co/57VLYhOsUD

PS2 We also features in GISWatch
http://www.giswatch.org/en/economic-social-and-cultural-rights-escrs/visualising-human-rights-icann

--
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3