[Ccnso-travelfunding] Form submission from: ICANN59 | Application for ccNSO Travel Funding

Vahan Hovsepyan vahan.hovsepyan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:35:50 UTC 2017

Submitted on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 15:35
Submitted values are:

First Name + Last Name: Vahan Hovsepyan
Affiliation: ISOC Armenia Board Member
Email: vahan.hovsepyan at gmail.com
Please specify how you intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO at the
next ICANN meeting:
 From September 2016 I have initiated a number of activities to strengthen the
role of our ccNSO in Armenia, make a proactive participation in
multistakeholder structures with the government of Armenia, actively
participate in international and local events.

Particularly I have suggested to:

Activate our role in the Information Technologies Development Support
Council-a multistakeholder body, headed by the Prime Minister of Armenia with
the involvement of leading technological associations, NGO and companies.
Based on my suggestions, appropriate paper has been developed by the Board
Members of ISOC Armenia.

Draft a plan to bring a series of international top noch technological events
to Armenia, organize the participation of Armenian ICT companies to famous
international technological events abroad

Support the initiatives to enhance the internet usage and innovations in the
other fields of economy.

Activating the presence of international organizations in Armenia and the
region. Discussing the opportunity to bring ICANN, ISOC, RIPE NCC engagement,
field and sub-offices to the region.

Also we (Board members of ISOC Armenia) are currently working on the
amendments to the charter of ISOC Armenia, stipulated by a new law and need
to complete it by September 2017 to represent it at the Annual meeting.

For all above mentioned issues the close cooperation and collaboration with
the partners from other ccNSOs, other ICANN structures is extremely important
for us and I will do my best to initiate joint activities and use the best
cases in our work.
Additional relevant information: I also act as a Director of Armenian
Internet Traffic Exchange Foundation "ARMIX" and Armenian Union of Operators
that are implementing various activities to promote the internet development
in Armenia, actively cooperating with regional and international partners,
leading the delegation of Armenian ICT companies to the different events. In
2015 we have organized IXP workshop, in 2015 became the co-host of RIPE NCC
regional meeting and in 2016 became a host of ENOG 12. In 2016 I have been
elected as a Board Member of ISOC Armenia for my active enrollment and
initiatives.
I have read the <a href="/about/travel-funding-07apr16-en.pdf"
target="_blank">ccNSO Travel Funding Guidelines</a> and understand the
process and conditions: Yes
Number of times ccNSO funding received the last 3 public ICANN meetings: 0
Do you have your employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding? Yes, I
have my employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding (OR, I am not
employed)
Employment status: Yes, I am employed
   --Please, provide your employer's contact information: --
     Employer's Name: Vahan Hovsepyan
     Employer's Email: armixfoundation at gmail.com

Would you have the possibility to attend the meeting, if you would only
receive one part of the funding (either plane ticket or hotel only)? No, I
need full funding to be able to attend the meeting