[Ccnso-travelfunding] Form submission from: ICANN59 | Application for ccNSO Travel Funding

Adebunmi Akinbo opomulero at akinbo.ng
Wed Mar 8 19:17:34 UTC 2017

Submitted on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - 19:17
Submitted values are:

First Name + Last Name: Adebunmi Akinbo
Affiliation: Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
Email: opomulero at akinbo.ng
Please specify how you intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO at the
next ICANN meeting: With my media and psychology background and my wealth of
experience in the community, i would be able to compensate for  lot of
information gap and reporting on projects and activities. I would also be
able to bridge the gap of improving the African participation in many discuss
with my network of NGOs, CBOs, FBOs and media channels across Africa.
Additional relevant information: I am a pioneer member of the Nigeria
Internet Registration Association (NiRA), the .ng ccTLD registry maintaining
the resource for Africa's innovative country. I have been involved as an
Acting Chief Operating Officer (2013-2014), updating my country and community
on the area of collaboration, supporting the success of the Africa Top Level
Domain Meetings on uniting registries in Africa, and promoting via media the
need to participate and take charge of registry development approaches and
involvement in ICANN.
I have read the <a href="/about/travel-funding-07apr16-en.pdf"
target="_blank">ccNSO Travel Funding Guidelines</a> and understand the
process and conditions: Yes
Number of times ccNSO funding received the last 3 public ICANN meetings: 0
Do you have your employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding? Yes, I
have my employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding (OR, I am not
employed)
Employment status: No, I am not employed
Would you have the possibility to attend the meeting, if you would only
receive one part of the funding (either plane ticket or hotel only)? No, I
need full funding to be able to attend the meeting