[Ccnso-travelfunding] Form submission from: Application Form

Country Code Names Supporting Organisation webmaster at icann.org
Wed Jun 5 00:26:31 UTC 2019

Data Processing Acknowledgement: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - 20:26

Submitted values are:

First/Given Name: Stephen
Last/Family Name: Deerhake
Gender: Male
E-mail Address: sdeerhake at nic.as
    ==ccTLD Manager==
      I am employed by a ccTLD manager, or have the support of a ccTLD
      manager.: Yes
      If yes, please specify which ccTLD: .as (America Samoa)
      If yes, please select the relevant ICANN region for your ccTLD:
      North America

I have my employer’s approval to attend the meeting for which I requested
ccNSO travel support.: Yes
Please select your preference: I apply for /partial/ funding (hotel
accommodation for the approved duration of the trip & per diem. No flight.)
I am unable to attend the upcoming ICANN meeting without ccNSO Travel
Support.: Yes
I am a ccNSO-appointed co-chair to a Cross-Community working Group (CCWG): No
I am a ccNSO Council member.: Yes
I am a Customer Standing Committee (CSC) member.: No
I am expecting to be a speaker/presenter/session chair at ccNSO relevant
sessions during the ICANN meeting for which I apply for funding.: Yes
If yes, please specify: (role + session):
1. I will be presenting a progress report on the Policy Development Working
Group on the Retirement of ccTLDs
2. I will be presenting a Community Update on the activities of the Empowered
Community Administration
3. I will likely be running an Empowered Community Approval Action Community
Forum on behalf of the Empowered Community Administration with respect to the
proposed Fundamental Bylaw Change regarding the composition of the ccNSO
contingent to the IANA Naming Function Review (IFR) Bylaw (ICANN Bylaws,
Sections 18.7(a) and 18.7(b))
4. I will possibly be doing a follow-up presentation to the ALAC on the roles
and responsibilities of SO/ACs with respect to the responsibilities of the
Empowered Community Administration (I am presenting an introduction to EC
responsibilities to ALAC at Marrakesh, at their invitation as part of an
informal Cross-Community Outreach initiative initiated by ALAC)
I am a ccNSO Working Group Chair actively meeting at the ICANN meeting for
which funding is requested.: Yes
I am a ccNSO Working Group member actively meeting at the ICANN meeting for
which funding is requested.: Yes
I am a liaison to the ccNSO Council, as per the definition included in the
relevant ccNSO Guideline: Liaison and Observers [1].: No
I am an observer, as per the definition included in the relevant ccNSO
Guideline: Liaison and Observers [2].: No
I am a ccNSO appointed observer/liaison to another SO/AC, as per the
definition included in the relevant ccNSO Guideline: Liaisons and Observers
[3].: No
I am currently contributing to the work of the ccNSO in another capacity.: No
I have a different ccNSO-relevant role.: No
I currently am an active member of the broader ccTLD community.: No
I have an interest in becoming an active member of the broader ccTLD
community.: Not Applicable
In the future, I intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO.: Yes
If yes, please specify:
1. Continued Chairmanship of the PDP Working Group on the Retirement of
ccTLDS
2. Continued membership in the Guidelines Review Committee Working Group
3. Continued membership in the the ccNSO Strategic and Operational Planning
Standing Committee
4. Continued membership in the Technical Working Group
5. Continued work within the Empowered Community Administration (ECA) as the
ccNSO representative to the ECA
I was previously granted ccNSO travel funding.: Yes
If yes, please specify: Montreal is a 6.5hr drive from where I live, and is
also accessible by train (what a rarity in the US!).  I'll thus probably
drive or take the train up from New York (hence no need for air transport).
Any additional information you would like to share? Thank you for your
consideration of my request.
Privacy Policy: I agree.

[1] https://ccnso.icann.org/en/about/guidelines.htm
[2] https://ccnso.icann.org/en/about/guidelines.htm