[Ccnso-travelfunding] Form submission from: ccNSO Application Form

Country Code Names Supporting Organisation no-reply at icann.org
Thu Jun 13 04:48:09 UTC 2024

Submitted on Thu, 06/13/2024 - 04:48

Submitted values are:

First/Given Name:: Mohamed
Last/Family Name:: Ali Mohamud
Gender: Male
E-mail Address:: mohamed at sonic.so
ccTLD Manager
-------------
I am employed by a ccTLD manager, or have the support of a ccTLD manager.:
Yes
If yes, please specify which ccTLD:: .so
If yes, please select the relevant ICANN region for your ccTLD:: Africa

I have my employer's approval to attend the meeting for which I requested
ccNSO travel support.: Yes
Please select your preference:: I apply for <em>full</em> funding (economy
class ticket to the travel destination, hotel costs for the approved duration
of the trip and a per diem)
I am unable to attend the upcoming ICANN meeting without ccNSO Travel
Support.: Yes
I am a ccNSO-appointed co-chair to a Cross-Community working Group (CCWG): No
I am a ccNSO Council member.: No
I am a Customer Standing Committee (CSC) member.: No
I am expecting to be a speaker/presenter/session chair at ccNSO relevant
sessions during the ICANN meeting for which I apply for funding.: No
I am a ccNSO Working Group Chair actively meeting at the ICANN meeting for
which funding is requested.: No
I am a ccNSO Working Group member actively meeting at the ICANN meeting for
which funding is requested.: No
I am a liaison to the ccNSO Council, as per the definition included in the
relevant ccNSO Guideline: Liaison and Observers.: No
I am an observer, as per the definition included in the relevant ccNSO
Guideline: Liaison and Observers.: No
I am a ccNSO appointed observer/liaison to another SO/AC, as per the
definition included in the relevant ccNSO Guideline: Liaisons and Observers.:
No
I am currently contributing to the work of the ccNSO in another capacity.:
Yes
If yes, please specify::
As a .so ccTLD manager contributing to the ccNSO, Involved in drafting and
reviewing policies for .so ccTLD, engaging with other ccTLD managers for
knowledge sharing and problem-solving, organizing and participating in
workshops and conferences to enhance stakeholders' skills, ensuring that  .so
ccTLD adheres to global standards and best practices, working on projects to
improve DNS security and stability, and interacting with governments,
businesses, and the technical community for inclusive policy development.

I have a different ccNSO-relevant role.: Yes
If yes, please specify::
I am the executive director of SoNIC, Somalia's .so ccTLD Registry.

I currently am an active member of the broader ccTLD community.: Yes
If yes, please specify::
I am the executive director of SoNIC, Somalia's .so ccTLD Registry.

I have an interest in becoming an active member of the broader ccTLD
community.: Yes
If yes, please specify::
I am eager to become an active member of the broader ccTLD community because
I believe in the importance of contributing to the development and security
of the global internet infrastructure. I intend to participate in ccNSO
working groups, attend ICANN public meetings, and engage in discussions
related to DNS security, policy development, and best practices for ccTLD
management. My goal is to share my expertise, learn from peers, and
collaborate on initiatives that enhance the stability and resilience of the
DNS. By being actively involved, I aim to support the ccNSO's mission and
help address the challenges faced by the ccTLD community.

In the future, I intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO.: Yes
If yes, please specify::
In the future, I intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO by actively
participating in working groups focused on DNS security and policy
development, attending ICANN public meetings to stay informed and represent
my ccTLD community, presenting on topics like DNSSEC implementation,
collaborating on policy reviews, mentoring new members, and supporting
outreach initiatives to engage underrepresented regions. Through these
efforts, I aim to enhance the stability, security, and resilience of the
global DNS while ensuring diverse perspectives are included in ccNSO
activities.

I was previously granted ccNSO travel funding.: No
  Any additional information you would like to share?:
I bring a strong background in DNS management and cybersecurity, having
worked extensively with ccTLD operations for several years. My experience
includes leading projects on improving DNS resilience, and participating in
regional internet governance forums. I am committed to continuous learning
and collaboration, and I believe my skills and enthusiasm will be valuable to
the ccNSO community. Additionally, I am eager to contribute to initiatives
that promote inclusivity and knowledge sharing within the ccTLD community.

Privacy Policy: I Agree