[CCT-IA] Reminder: Requests for clarification

Jordyn Buchanan jordyn at google.com
Wed Dec 26 20:36:33 UTC 2018

Hmm, am I really on the IA team?

Anyway, responses inline (sorry for the delay; have been traveling):

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 4:27 AM Alice Jansen <alice.jansen at icann.org> wrote:

> This is to kindly remind of the request below. We would appreciate your
> help in addressing these questions as soon as possible.
> Thank you,
>
> Best regards
>
> Alice
>

> *From: *Alice Jansen <alice.jansen at icann.org>
> *Date: *Tuesday 11 December 2018 at 15:17
> *To: *"CCT-IA at icann.org" <CCT-IA at icann.org>
> *Subject: *Requests for clarification
>

> Dear all,
>

> Thank you again for volunteering to be the dedicated CCT implementation
> agents. We have set up this mailing-list to centralize all requests for
> clarification pertaining to your final recommendations.
>

> ICANN org is conducting feasibility assessments of the final
> recommendations and as part of its evaluation, subject matter experts have
> identified three elements they would welcome clarification on:
>
>    - On recommendation 24 (p. 117), could you review the monthly
>    dashboard - https://features.icann.org/compliance/dashboard/report-list
>    - and confirm whether there is still a need for a quarterly report?
>
> I defer to Laureen's response.

>    -
>    - On recommendation 29 (p. 146), does the CCT expect the New gTLD
>    Subsequent Procedures PDP Working Group to set the objectives for
>    applications from underserved regions, do they expect metrics to be set for
>    the number of applications, or the type of applications, or from certain
>    underserved regions or stakeholder types?
>
> I think we expect the PDP to figure out what the best metrics are since we
didn't actually get to answer the question of what we thought success would
look like, but that there should be clear success criteria so that support
for applicants from these regions could be designed and measured against
these criteria.

Personal opinion: I'd think that # of applications from underserved regions
would be a good metric, but I don't think the RT came to a view on this
question.