[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] New gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG

Daniel Dardailler danield at w3.org
Wed Feb 1 11:19:15 UTC 2017

I think the one-time factor in terms of funding source (which in itself
could turn out to be two-time or more, but not our business) doesn't
equate to a one-time approach for disbursing these funds.

E.g. if the agency we're designing goes for bi-annual periodic calls to
give away a slice of the overall source funding available at each call,
it could easily last for several years, and several years is kind of our
own (the Internet/Web technical community) survival horizon, so hardly
something we can call a one-time granting project IMO.

At https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/auctions/proceeds
it says that there is 233M in the bank as revenue source.
If every six months, each call can grant 23M to various projects (we
will have to discuss what is a typical project grant, for what
duration), then we already have 5 years of activity for this agency.